Brand Building Strategy – Use These 4 Basic Branding Steps To Build Your Personal Brand
Today I would like to talk about how to develop a brand building strategy for your business. You have to be aware of how your potential customers perceive your business, what you stand for and what you values are. What is your vision and mission for your business? Then ultimately, does your business live up to what you make out you are.
How you position your brand will have a huge role with your potential audience and whether you will be successful or not.
Look at the brands that you buy from. Can they easily be identified by their logo? A simple design can go a long way. Look at Google, Apple & McDonald’s. All their designs are etched in our minds and act like a magnet to attract their audience where they have build up on trust.
Companies like these have millions of followers all around the world which are loyal and do not tend to look anywhere else. This is what you need to do for your company. Build a loyal tribe of raving fans, and you can do that by following the brand building strategy that I am going to share with you.
Brand Building Strategy – Tip 1
Define Your Target Audience – You must research and gather as much information on your audience. Where do they hang out, what kind of media do they consume.
Also you need to establish just what does your audience need. Try to get in the mind of your audience and find their pain points. By doing this you will find it easier to connect with them on a personal level. Your understanding will shine through and you will start to gain their trust. Failing to do this will result in them seeking an alternative and going to your competitors.
- Customer Avatar
- Buyer Persona
- Target Market or Audience Marketing Persona
These are just a few of the word combinations used on the internet interchangeably to describe a fictional and generalized representation(s) of a person, who is out of all the people in the world, likely to buy from you. As you know, you can’t just sell to everyone. If you try to sell to everyone, you will likely sell to no one! So you can see the outline of the importance of defining your Avatar.
Understand that it is actually critically important to the success of your marketing, sales, product development, and delivery of services that you have a deeper, more emotional understanding and empathy of who your Customer Avatar is.
“You can’t hit a target you haven’t set, in bow and arrow shooting” and this applies beautifully to the importance of having a clear understanding of who your Customer Avatar is. This will help you make the shift from selling to a demographic to building a relationship with your ideal client before you even have one.
So, to define what we seek to achieve hereis:
- Provide a deeper understanding (on an emotional level) and a clear definition of your Customer Avatar
- You will be able to determine what social platforms they are spending their time on so that you know where your business should be present and active
- As a result you will be more effective in your advertising. Your marketing budget (however big) clearly will be spent better when you know where to advertise and who to target to maximize your exposure.
- Better connection with your Avatar and your content, because you will have an understanding of their pains, pleasures, desires, needs and wants.
- Deliver and develop better products and/or services because you are able to anticipate your markets needs, behaviors, and concerns.
Brand Building Strategy – Tip 2
Building Your Company Identity – Only go onto this stage once you have finished defining you audience. They say that first impressions last, so your identity is the first thing that people will see. There are a few factors to consider when building your identity.
- Your Logo Design – I touched on this earlier when I mentioned a few companies that are easily identified from their logo design. Some have their name as the logo and some do not. What they have in common though is a simple design which has impact and is eye catching.
- Company Colours & Typefaces – Keep this simple as well. Bright colours and clean typefaces, or fonts, work really well. Here you can portray a message to your audience and been seen as an authority, friendly and approachable.
- Mind Your Language – I do not mean this in an offensive way. What I mean is the way you talk to your audience. Decide if you you want to be upbeat, serious, humorous. You can define this through doing your research into your audience and delivering to them what they like. Also be very consistent and persistent in the way you talk to them.
- Use Engaging Images – This follows on from you logo design. All the images and videos that you use should have the objective of promoting your business. A picture paints a thousand words so use ones that grab peoples attention.
- Your Tagline – Tell people what you do and how you can help them. A perfect example is my own tagline at the top of this webpage. I help people start their own home business and my tagline reflects that.
By utilizing your new brand, mission, vision, and values, you can now create your company’s identity – or how your company will be presented to the public. This includes the visual statement (color schemes, designs, slogans, etc.) that exemplifies the business’ services, employees, and overall philosophy.
While creating it, remember that this identity will become the permanent lens through which your company views itself. It must clearly and accurately portray everything that has been created so far – your brand’s mission, vision, and values which needs to appear everywhere. Your website, your stationary, your e-mail footer, your social media as well as your advertising. Speaking of which, if you have your own purpose, your why defined to a ‘T’ it will help you to give your advertising an additional focal lens, which is priceless.
Creating this identity isn’t always an easy task but I can assure you, it’s worth every penny you invest. If you’re struggling to translate your brand into your corporate identity, a Brand Incubation Workshop like offered at the DEA might be something worth looking into. (More below on this)
Moreover, what is Mark Ford’s purpose > Home business lifestyle coaching with Mark Ford, loyally stepping up for others SO THAT they are given inner peace.
Many people live the life they think they have to live. They are overworked, underpaid, and unfulfilled. But the good news is that it doesn’t have to be this way. My name is Mark Ford and my goal is to help you recognize your potential and equip you with the skills you need to turn that potential into a viable online home business in the digital economy.
We have to stop making excuses and make it happen, whatever that is for you?
Brand Building Strategy – Tip 3
Your Brand Culture – When a person first comes across your business they need to know immediately what you stand for. If you do this then you will form that brand culture and business identity. Everything should start with your values, therefore people will see that you are committed to them.
Note that; building brand culture requires you to be able to cultivate your fan base into raving fans. Don’t misunderstand the 2 degree shift you have to make in between being a regular Joe on social media and the web and being a business entity.
Brand Building Strategy – Tip 4
Be Yourself – This is arguably the most important thing to get right. Never pretend to be someone or something that you are not. Too many people fake things and try to copy their competitors.
The general public are very intelligent people and will see straight through you if you are not being the true person that you are. People buy from people who they trust. Not everyone will like you, that is just how it is. What you will find though is that you will relate to lots of people and they will form your loyal following.
I have just come back from Toronto in Canada where I was involved in a Brand Incubator Workshop. It was hosted by the Digital Experts Academy which is a specialized online business training company.
I am a top level mentor and coach within the company and I had the pleasure to meet a lot of highly motivated entrepreneurs who are going through their own personal brand identity formation.
Below are three videos from the members which explains a lot more about the personal branding experience the company offers which I am sure will be of great interest to you if you are hoping to develop your own personal brand.
I hope these tips will help you with your brand building strategy. If you would like any further information on branding then please feel free to contact me here.
Home Business Lifestyle and Blogging Coaching with Mark Ford, loyally stepping up for others SO THAT they are given inner peace.
Registered Office: Nice Money Publications Limited, Newport House, Newport Road, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST16 1DA, United Kingdom.
Business Website: Nice Money Publications.com
Main Blog: Latest Home Business Blogs
About Mark Ford
> My Story <
Contact & Connect With Mark Ford
Connect with Mark on Facebook
Skype Mark Ford: nm.publications.mf
Business Website: Nice Money Publications.com
Main Blog: Latest Home Business Blogs
Home Business Newsletter – Would You Like A Copy?
Products: Mark Ford’s Products
Six Figure Mentors Membership: Six Figure Mentors Elite Member
Videos: Mark Ford’s TV
Your Blog Content Report: Would You Like A Copy? – Yes, Click Here
Website Listings: Mark Ford’s Websites
- The Six Figure Mentors
- Starting Your Own Business
- Lifestyle Business Examples
- Business At Home
- Twitter Marketing
- How To Start A Home Business With No Money
- Work At Home Online
- How To Start An Online Blog
- Small Business Ideas From Home
- Why SEO Is Important