Franchise Business Lifestyle: Do You Really Need It? This Will Help You Decide!
Mark Ford – Discusses The Franchise Business Lifestyle Against Starting A Home Business As An Alternative Lifestyle!
This is the second in my series of lifestyle blog posts where I look at some of the differences between the lifestyle choices we can all make.
Two days ago I created a blog post about ‘The Nine To Five Lifestyle – Escape The Rat Race And Work From Home On The Internet‘ and today I will discuss with you the franchise business lifestyle.
You may also wish to read my ‘An Alternative Lifestyle Working From Home’ blog post, which is relevant to this topic as well.
So, what’s all this about Mark?
Well, we all have choices and there are many business models out there that we can choose when we are looking to break away from the constraints imposed upon us by a traditional ‘get a job’ mentality and the 9 to 5 lifestyle.
One of those choices is to start a business by buying a franchise and building a franchise business lifestyle.
Let’s look at some of the points that could be made about a franchise business lifestyle and compare that to starting a business from home.
Franchise Business Model – The Definition
Courtesy of Wikipedia…
According to Wikipedia franchising s the practice of leasing for a prescribed period of time the right to use a firm’s successful business model and brand. The word “franchise” is of Anglo-French derivation—from franc, meaning free—and is used both as a noun and as a (transitive) verb. For the franchisor, the franchise is an alternative to building “chain stores” to distribute goods that avoids the investments and liability of a chain. The franchisor’s success depends on the success of the franchisees. The franchisee is said to have a greater incentive than a direct employee because he or she has a direct stake in the business.
Essentially, and in terms of distribution, the franchisor is a supplier who allows an operator, or a franchisee, to use the supplier’s trademark and distribute the supplier’s goods. In return, the operator pays the supplier a fee.
Thirty three countries—including the United States and Australia—have laws that explicitly regulate franchising, with the majority of all other countries having laws which have a direct or indirect impact on franchising.
Franchise Business Model – The Advice You May Get!
If you speak with your friends and family who are tied into the traditional lifestyle, you may hear them say ‘What do you want to do that for, just go and get a job and then you will have a job for life and be secure?’
Well, no… what job is secure these days?
Maybe you hear professional people advising you to go and buy a ready made franchise business and then you don’t have to work out the business model because it’s all worked out for you.
You just have to follow the system to the letter and you are basically buying a job.
The Franchise Business Lifestyle – Buying A Job
That’s right, have you thought about it? – isn’t it just a paid for job?
You want to escape the rat race and are led to believe that because it is a ready made ‘proven’ franchise business model you can’t fail. It has already worked for others and can work for you.
Well yes, it may work, any business may work but it comes down to us all at the end of the day. If it is going to happen it is up to us and many succeed with the franchise business lifestyle and are quite happy doing it.
My own cousin, down in Bournemouth UK, ran a McDonalds franchise successfully for many years, it comes down to the choices we make and making the business work.
However, what we all really want is time and financial freedom. Does the franchise business model give you and me this money and freedom?
If we go down this road and make this business choice are you going to be buying into no time freedom?
Sure with a home business this will be the case at the start with the learning curve and setting up the systems, but you are able to autopilot many things to give you the time freedom eventually. Is this the case with a franchise? – Will you have to be there all the time managing the premises and business?
And… compared to the cost to set up a home business… minimial… it will cost you thousands to buy the franchise and set everything up.
How many years will it take you to drum up enough business to pay back the franchise fee, just to be the owner of a job in the form of a franchise?
A Google search reveals there are thousands of franchise business lifestyle opportunities out there. Each one of us to our own… but not for me, I prefer the benefits that a home business or laptop lifestyle brings us, which is my preferred choice for moving away from the nine to five job.
Let’s look at some of the benefits of no more nine to five lifestyle, escaping the rat race and starting a home business…
- when you have built up your multiple income streams running on autopilot through residual income > you will not hate that utility bill when it comes through the door
- have more than just two holidays a year. You decide how many and when you take them, not just at bank holidays either… and no boss to say you can’t have a day off
- not doing the same thing week in week out, slaving away getting nowhere
- make money from your desktop at home or from a laptop anywhere around the world where there is an internet connection
- build genuine time and financial freedom into your life
- not having to do the same job day in and day out for life
- build up more than just a works or state pension
- no more 9 to 5 commutes stuck in traffic
- put yourself in control of your own destiny with your own business and without being controlled by an employer telling you what to do
- no more put up and shut up.. with jobs and bosses that we really don’t like
- work when you want and with who you want
- no fancy office needed anymore
- you can build your home business without staff, no premises to rent, no face to face selling, no stock to hold, low overheads, high returns with the right business model
- no more early starts
- no alarm clock to wake up to
- more time with family and friends
- and more…
So if you would like to start a franchise business, (read Stuart Ross’s story, this is what he did initially!), all the best to you. However, if like me, you prefer the home business model then get in touch and we can see how we can help each other.
I wish you every success.
Mark Ford – Home Business Coach, Entrepreneur, Digital Marketer & Information Publishing.
Registered Office: Nice Money Publications Limited, Newport House, Newport Road, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST16 1DA, United Kingdom.
Business Website: Nice Money Publications.com
Main Blog: Mark Ford’s Blog.com
Six Figure Mentors Membership: Six Figure Mentors Elite Member
Digital Experts Academy Membership: Black Founder Member Digital Experts Academy
About Mark Ford
Contact & Connect With Mark Ford
Skype Mark Ford: nm.publications.mf
Connect with Mark on Pinterest
Connect with Mark on Facebook
- Choosing The Right Home Business
- Get Rich Quick Scheme Lifestyle
- Affiliate Marketing Lifestyle Opportunity
- An Alternative Lifestyle Working From Home
- Benefits Of A Home Based Business
- Setting Up An Ecommerce Business
- Starting A Business From Home