Have you got the online X factor? Does your website have buzz?
I’m not talking about the bees here; I’m talking about excitement, magnetism and energy.
With zillions of websites out there all competing for attention, if your website doesn’t have buzz your visitors will drop in and, within seconds, drop out again and surf off elsewhere.
Visitors only stop to read when the page really connects with them, makes them feel energized as well as informed.
What makes a site buzzworthy? It’s hard to quantify, but it’s safe to say that a combination of:
- eye catching design
- dynamic page layout
- clear navigation
- audio clips
- news boxes
- free give-aways or bonuses
- regularly updated pages
- quotes and recommendations
- as well as great copy.
All go together to create a site with the X factor. If your site has buzz, not only will your visitors stay around long enough to find out what you’re offering them, but they will tell others about you too, and this builds your traffic, so you get noticed and it puts you in a great position to get ahead, as well as bringing you an important return on your investment.
Websites that have the greatest marketing successes are buzzworthy, they have that almost indefinable X factor. How do you get the X factor?
Well, buzzworthiness is a bit intangible, but you recognize it sure enough when you see it. A website with the buzz stands out, it makes you feel that the content is written with you in mind and most important of all; it makes you stay and browse the site, not just the first page!
If your website content is not oriented towards your site visitor then they will leave, and fast check your page bounce rates if you are not convinced.
You need to focus your page content not only on the product or service you are offering but also promote the benefits of what you offer.
Here are some tips for a website with buzz:
(And remember to choose an eye catching design, mediocre isn’t buzzworthy)
- Make the copy (the words on the page) exciting as well as interesting
- Be newsworthy, be doing or offering something different.
- Be seen as notable, influential and knowledgeable.
- Offer something useful and free.
- Look outstanding
- Be dynamic
- Just be exceptional
- Remember to be yourself, your voice needs to shine out of your website giving it your own special personality
- Remember to speak to your visitor not at them. They don’t want to be sold something on the first page, they want information. Tell them about how your service or product benefits them, what you can offer them, and how much you can help them achieve their goals.If you focus on what your site visitor wants then they will stay to find out more, and you may just have found a new customer.If you focus on selling yourself or your products without showing that they are of value to your website visitor, then you will lose your visitors interest and a potential client.
I wish you every success in your own home business.
Mark Ford, Home Business Coach, Entrepreneur, Digital Marketer & Information Publishing.
Registered Office: Nice Money Publications Limited, Newport House, Newport Road, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST16 1DA, United Kingdom.
Business Website: Nice Money Publications.com
Main Blog: Mark Ford’s Blog.com
Six Figure Mentors Membership: Six Figure Mentors Elite Member
DEA Membership: Black Founder Member Digital Experts Academy
About Mark Ford
Contact & Connect With Mark Ford
Skype Mark Ford: nm.publications.mf
Connect with Mark on Pinterest
Connect with Mark on Facebook
Thought for the day: a blog a day keeps the creative juices flowing.